Sigur Rós – Popplagið


In the past weeks I've been listening a lot of post-rock, mainly because I've been through a lot of stress lately - exams, lol. From my music knowledge I can say that, probably, Sigur Rós is the most well known band from this genre, so today i decided to post a song from them.



This song is so intense it can make me travel through the deepest places of my mind, while it gives me inner peace and chills me out. When I show this song to people I know, they always whine about the singer, because in the beginning of the song he keeps repeating the same thing over and over... I find it relaxing, actually... Post-rock songs are supposed to be progressive, and should gradually increase the feeling, until they reach the 'peak', to finish epically. It's not just a bunch of chords and fills... If you listen to the song, grab your headphones or listen it loud. I guarantee that the experience should be a lot better. :)

PS: This live performance is from a documentary of the band. It is named 'Heima'. I recommend you to watch it.

28 comments:

  1. Really epic music you're posting. More of the same type please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite of my favorite album in HD! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great song thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post and great song. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very introspective song. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sigur ros is just great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love sigur ross! Listen to them everyday on the way to uni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heima live!? Was a really great 10 minutes to listen to man - thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome!
    you should post more music

    ReplyDelete
  10. i usually cant focus on school related stuff while playing music unless its instrumentals

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love sigur ros! I just wish they come to Portugal :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good song. when im stressed i listen to rap haha, really helps =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great band, sigur ros. used to be one of my favorites a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really enjoyed listening to this. didn't know this band. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Post-rock? Good choice, always makes for an interesting listen. I hadn't actually heard of this band before, but it seems intriguing and, at the very least, listenable, so I'll probably look out for more stuff from them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice look. need more of this stuff

    ReplyDelete
  17. quality song maybe ill try and play along :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see myself falling asleep to this every night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to hear new music, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete