It's All Gone Pete Tong

I don't usually post about movies, but this time I'll make an exception because it's a music-related one, and I really liked it.

Paul Kaye as Frankie Wilde

It's All Gone Pete Tong tells us the story of a very successful DJ, who is among the best in the Ibiza club scene. His name is Frankie Wilde and he seems to have everything he ever wanted: he's a superstar DJ, he has a magnificent house and he is married to a beautiful woman. When everything seemed to go well for Frankie, he discovers he has a hearing disorder and that over time he is more likely to go deaf if he doesn't give up of his profession.


With only one good ear, Frankie takes the risk and continues to give live performances, however, he no longer has the ability to hear good enough to be a DJ, and no one likes his music anymore. Unfortunately, it ends up going everything wrong for Frankie, because an accident happens in his studio and he becomes completely deaf. He loses everything he has achieved and he enters in a period of depression. After a long fight against his disability, he finally accepts his condition and seeks help. He meets a girl who changes the way he faces his deafness and discovers that through other senses he may be able to compose again. And that's what he tries out. Will Frankie be able to work as a DJ again? Watch the movie and find out!

10 comments:

  1. Agh that sounds heartbreaking. I couldn't imagine losing my hearing. I'll have to check this movie out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will give it a watch soon enough, as I am quite the movie buff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really enjoyed this movie and the soundtrack would recommend it. nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have to check this movie out.A.S.A.P bdw gr8 blog n post come thru my blog to some time n follow like twitter :) if u like what u c

    Http://chuchu-chulala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added the film to my movie list, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to watch it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually like the song. Perfecct song to listen to, when cruising with the car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it's like a modern day Beethoven almost.

    ReplyDelete