The xx 'Coexist' Full Album


The xx's new album Coexist is finally available for streaming, one week before its scheduled release date (September 11). If the player above isn't working, you can listen it at NPR.org.

The first listen left me a bit disappointed. After a three year hiatus I was hoping the band would have searched and explored a new kind of minimalistic sound, different from their debut's.

They don't sound enough experimental. I think they have repeated themselves a bit, making use of the same soft and quiet melodies that guaranteed them universal acclaim in 2009.

I guess with a couple of more listens it will eventually grow on me. One thing is certain though: Coexist won't be as memorable as xx.

1 comment:

  1. Yea I totally agree on that!
    Long live germany!

    ReplyDelete