2011: The Year In Music

I was surfing on Last.fm when I came across a particular page on the website, which contains very interesting statistical data about the music business in 2011.
In fact, there were many big musical moments in the past year that seemed to appear out of nowhere, and it's impressive how they shaped what people listened to.
For example, Amy Whinehouse's death led to a BIG spike of listens - Last.fm users listened to her songs seven times more than usual!
I know this post comes a little late, but I wanted to share this with you anyway. Take a look at the statistics:



By the way, I have discovered a really nice website about dubstep! Be sure you check it out: finestdubstep.

4 comments:

  1. So many deaths in the music world :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how Amy Winehouse's soared after she died. It just goes to show how we miss things once they're gone.

    ReplyDelete