Learning a musical instrument

As you may have noticed, I've launched a new poll to find out if my readers know how to play any musical instrument. It's just a curiosity of mine, but I would be thankful if you vote!

In a previous post, I've noticed that several people commented that they didn't know how play an instrument, however, they would like to learn.

Let me say that it's never too late to do so! Besides, music education has many benefits that you may not know, such as:

  1. Early musical training helps develop brain areas involved in language and reasoning. Scientists say that children who learn how to play an instrument do better in school than those who don't. Adults can benefit from it too because it helps the mind to be alert and remain active.
  2. Playing an instrument provides people with a means of self-expression and relieves stress.
  3. Music study enhances discipline, since you have to obey to practice routines in order to master your instrument.
  4. Once you've learned a music piece, it will make you very proud of yourself and you'll experience a sense of satisfaction for achieving your goal.

I could continue, but I guess I gave you enough reasons for you to realize how important music is for the personal development of each one of us. Give it a try! Grab an instrument and start playing!

9 comments:

  1. Another thing that does exactly the same thing but doesnt involve a lot of work is coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing an instrument also allows me to think clearly, though I guess that's part of your second point: the relief of stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup. i always have trouble w/ the discipline aspect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to play trumpet but I forgot how

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, when I learned how to play guitar, I just picked it up and attempted to learn songs using tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Currently playing Bass Clarinet and Guitar

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tried the guitar for a few months but then gave up haha


    following

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had real musical training. But then again, music and rhythm were never anything I was good at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I continued playing Trumpet sometimes, as well as learning piano and guitar.

    ReplyDelete